Sunday, March 31, 2013
Tim's March Tag....
So I am way off the mark here, I don't have the mover and shapers Rabbit- but I do have the die and the chocolate rabbit Tim did back when- was always a fave of mine. I didn't have the seasonal paper or the crinkle ribbon (ran out! ACK!)So first I mixed my tattered rose and broken china distress paints and just a bit of mustard seed stain on my mat and swiped my tag through. Then I did some inking then I stamped in distress markers. I cut a label out of my tag- I didn't have the tinsel and I only have two distress paints so instead of doing the Background and metal flowers I just did some of the Tattered Garland flowers up and added them to the tag. Tim may not count this one but I'm counting it as done! LOL I'm on a roll this year and so I didn't want to NOT do it. Here's my Lame-O (lame because it's not much like the original...but I still think it's cute!)version LOL Okay and so while I am sharing tags...let me share some blueprints I have been fooling with and have been meaning to share. First up here are my mini Easter Blueprint tags that I added to some of the special hidden goodies for DD this morning like Jade from Rio and her Kinder egg and the Lindt bunny! They are so small there isn't alot of room for embellishing so I kept them simple by doing the distress paint same as the tag above. Popped the images and added some stickles. Next up I have a birthday tag, I was colored some of the birthday blueprint images and had this blue and yellow gift sitting on my desk- I also had a Patterned paper tattered rose I had done up for the challenge and not used....in the shuffling of things the rose landed on top of the gift..I thought it was cute so I replaced the ribbon with the rose. And last but not least is one of my favorite tags I made....I have LOVED the Americana Blueprint stamps from the moment I laid eyes on them! They are so cool! I wanted to make a tag I could use in my Disney Album- I wanted the tag to have elements of a flag so that I could incorporate the star and it would make sense. I wanted the flag waving so I started with a post-it note to mask off the blue part of the flag, I cut a CS template for the stripes in red and used my stain on them then I stained some white on the white stripes but then also used antique linen ink and fired brick to give the flag a more vintagey feel...and faded jeans for the blue backing for the star. I gave the star dimension by folding the star (no small feat on an itty bitty star!) added some pop dots to the back and added the mirror to the itty bitty panels! LOL Since my tag is for Disney I turned the Lady Liberty into a postage stamp with a Sizzix die I had- I have several sizes of the stamps so it was only a matter of finding one that fit and luckily I did! I stamped the USA on watercolor paper and used Distress markers and the water brush (I color all of my images in this way including lady liberty) Okay...so there you have it for now! I am hoping to have more to come soon! Trying to stay on a slow roll here! LOL Ta for now! :D
Posted by Scrapthat at 11:23 AM