bg

Friday, November 26, 2010

Shhhh...DH's Christmas present!


this is a floating frame I did up for my DH for Christmas using an ....wait for it...LOL...Allison Davis sketch :) It's from the sketch support class I took. The frame is not what I really wanted size wise but this was the closest to a 12X24 I could get at my Michael's it's a 16X20. Ali did one in class and it was 10X26 but my stores had nothing like that. I did some adjusting to my pics from the original sketch. I trimmed my 4X6s on the top a bit, trimmed down my 6X4 on the far left top-because I had the added length in height I didn't use smaller pics but larger on the bottom. I LOVE how this turned out. PS the picture is with a carpet behind it just so it would show up a bit. Due to the fact that the frame is very thin I only used paper heart buttons for the flowers, I wasn't going to add any embellie because I did want the flowers but I couldn't think of a flower center and couldn't have them nakie! Then I remembered my sizlets dies for buttons! Yippeee! I also added some Making memories metal words because they were perfect for this...two of them I had to sand the original paint off them because it was a turquoisey green...totally didn't go in my opinion. Remember you can click on the pic to get it bigger!
I think I'm hooked and want to make more of these! Hopefully I will eventually find a more rectangular frame like the 10X26 one that Ali had found.
Thanks for Looking! :)Have a great weekend!

9 comments:

  1. That is beautiful!! He is going to love it!! I still don't have a clue what to get for my DH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Deb! Luckily it is still early in the game eh?! Good luck in finding something :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that's just beautiful! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dolly this is absolutely gorgeous, he will loooove this :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks Jacque! I sure hope he does! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG Dolly ... I LOVE THIS FRAME and how you did the LO ... was it hard to do this floating frame??

    DH is gonna love it!!

    Look at her look at her daddy in the bottom pic .. she just adores him =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a great gift Dolly and I love how you arranged all the photos. I totally love these see through frames, they are perfect for us scrappers. Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Jo...they are perfect! It has a cool shadow to with the words that are in it. LOVE that! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...