bg

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Day 2 of Online Card Classes Watercolor for card makers

I have had a long love for watercolors and so I am really loving this class!! One thing that watercolor truly forces you to do is to embrace imperfection! there are no perfectly straight lines, it is very organic and natural. I did up three cards today. This first card is using Agnieszka Malyszek's technique. Where she had a sentiment I put a flower I made, and I put the sentiment from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous down further. I was just in a flower mood. The next card was a technique that Jennifer McGuire shared with us. She actually did several, I used the cheaper more readily available option and the hero Arts watercolors. As I said...things will not go perfectly and I have left my card as is to show you all however I will be going back in to color the spaces between the flowers in similar greens and blues. I knew it would be easier to do it this way. It uses PTI year of the flower stamps and Winnie and Walters The Big, the Bold and You stamp set. And now for my last share, this technique was shared from Debby Hughes. She showed several ways you could use the background on cards also I happened to spot one of my stamps I was going to put on a die cut I put it on my BG to see what sort of a die I would need (size wise) and I liked it just as is so I rolled with it just stamped onto the Background. I used Tim's Wallpaper BG stamp. Peacock feathers, Evergreen bough and tumbled glass Distress inks and a Stampers Anonymous/Tim Holtz Say it with Words stamp set. when I stamped the BG I think it went off kilter because I trimmed up the sentiment square and it still looks off. I actually did this BG twice because I liked it so much so I will do another ;) and that concludes my examples from today's lessons over at Online Card Classes

4 comments:

  1. I love the vivid colors you used on your second card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Tara!!
    I am using the Hero Arts watercolor wheel that Jennifer recommends. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the watercolor technique and how the thank and you look together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!! Yes they were perfectly designed wouldn't you say?! :D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...